Last night I was doing a lot of research on love and how it physically effects the body. There is one chemical that is released that I was very intrigued by that as referred to as the “cuddle hormone.” This hormone is released every time we interact physically with another human being (show affections toward them.) And given our relationship could send our states into a euphoric bliss. The actually name for the hormone is called oxytocin and hugging, holding hands, kissing, cuddling, gazing into another eyes is the key to release for this.
This chemical in our body is what brings about strong bonds in our day to day relationships with each other.
It goes beyond just sexual attraction to one another and in my experience gives the experience of unity not just with yourself, but with any other individual that has chosen to share in their experience with you.
What I found delightful about this release is that not only physical touch, but meditation is one of the stronger methods in which it can be activated. No wonder! We may see so many lovely meditation practitioners given they are following a more heart path then mind path. (these are two different roads which diverge into the same truth but not necessarily the same personality outcome.)
Below I felt that there are a couple of ways that work well with this. I will also supply my inspiration for this short article that gives even MORE tips of releasing this in your body and allowing love to be more freely receptive inside.
- Meditation – It just takes 20 minutes a day. Breathing through your stomach deeply. If you can visualize someone you absolutely adore. Someone that makes you happy smiling back at you as you breath through your stomach. Then try visualizing you embracing your loved one and seeing how happy both of you are. Your body doesn’t distinguish between visualization and reality so it will treat it as if it was actually happening (like how our body would react in dreaming or day-dreaming).
- Massage – Get a massage! Or have a loved one give you a massage. The feeling of touch and comfort will release the love and appreciation you have in the other person and will strengthen whatever kind of relationship you have with them.
- Spend time – Take time out of your day to tell the ones in your life how much you appreciate them. Go see them, and do rad things with them! Share your life with them and let them open up and share their lives with you. Drop your limitations for them and enjoy who they are and their company.
- Have a cuddle or smooch session – Do this with your significant other if you have one, if not.. well stick to the top three!
- Chocolate – A couple of bites of dark chocolate are said to release oxycotin into the body. Not only that but dark chocolate has a lot of anti-oxidants that release into the body as well that will kill free radicals.
All of these things have implications of loving yourself above all else. You may be sharing time with others. But you are also learning to treat yourself with respect and that is that is the fuel of unconditional love.
Happy Valentines Day guys and don’t forget that this day is really like any other day, there is nothing saying you only have to do this one day out of the year. Make it a lifestyle, you will love what your life transcends into.